Are you looking for a washing machine that is best in quality and features? Then you are at the right spot.Read this article to know everything you need to know about washing machines. This article will not only help you narrow down your search but also provide you with ten best options available in the market today.
We all know that there is no way to hide from your dirty laundry. Irrespective of how busy you are in your life, you still need to take care of our laundry to keep going. But laundry takes time and patience. Washing clothes with hands is very time consuming and these days time is money. It makes no sense to waste our time on laundry. Let us take advantage of present-day innovations and technology and start using washing machines.
Washing machines are one of the best inventions of the 20th century. These machines make life simple and easy by taking care of our laundry. In India, we can find plenty of washing machines in the market by various well-known manufacturers. It can be a daunting task to research through thousands of washing machine models to pick one that is suitable for your needs. Working this way is not practical, and at the same time, we don’t want to waste our money by buying a product that doesn’t suit our requirements.
SO understanding the needs and necessities of current customers, we have written this article. Here you will find a buying guide to help you search through different washing machine models and choose the right one in no time. The article also talks about the ten best washing machine models that you can instantly buy. The washing machine models shared in the article include details on the capacities, quality, and other attributes.
In this article, you can also find details on buying tips, FAQ, types of the washing machine, and their technology. Have fun reading.
Types of Washing Machine Available in India
Washing machines are available in different types. In India, the different types of washing machines are classified based on the position of loading. Two main types of washing machines that we find in India are top load and front load washing machine. The detailed descriptions of these washing machines are mentioned hereafter.
In this type of washing machine, the clothes or laundry is loaded into the machine from the top. The machine consists of a top cover which can be opened and load the clothing. The clothes are then washed, rinsed, and dried in a vessel part of the machine. Top load is the most preferred and widely used type of washing machine in India. People prefer this type of washing machine to avoid bending while loading laundry into the machine.
In this type of washing machine, the laundry is loaded on the front side. Experts believe that researches show that the front-loading washing machine consumes less energy and water. This type of washing machine performance is also better than other types. Apart from the above-mentioned types, a washing machine can also be classified based on its automatic features. Namely, Semi-automatic and fully – automatic washing machines, which are found in India. The difference and description of these two types of washing machines are given below.
A semi-automatic washing machine is a cross between hand washing and machine washing. This type of machine contains two separate tubs, one for washing laundry and another for drying. In this type of machine, you need to put some manual labor. You need to move clothes from the washing tub to the drying tub physically. Customers prefer this type of washing machine for cost as it is less expensive in comparison to other types.
This type of washing machine consists of one tub, which serves as a washer, rinser, and drier. These washing machines vary in capacity. Based on the number of clothes or weight of the clothes, the machine takes insufficient water and detergents and starts its washing process. The best part about automatic washing machines is that it automatically sets the time for a wash and dry the clothes.
What are the different types of technology that a washing machine uses?
Till now, we learned about why you need a washing machine and its types. In this part, let us see what kind of technology a washing machine uses to clean our clothes. In this part, we will also learn how the technology used by a washing machine differs from one another.
Different Types of Technology used by the Washing Machine:
Every year the inventions in science and technology change the way we live. These changes affect the devices and electronics that we use. Here we have shared the five latest technologies used by washing machines in the year 2020 in India.
Flex was a technology that offers an opportunity to double up your load
Flex wash technology is the latest and revolutionary invention in washing machines. This technology offers the flexibility of using both types of load in a single hybrid machine. The washing machine with flex technology has a main front loader and a miniature top loader. The front loader is used to wash heavy-duty clothes like blankets, and top-loaders are used to wash light clothes like socks, lingerie, etc. Flex wash technology washing machines are considered to be more efficient in terms of water and energy utilized. Companies like Samsung and LG have adopted this technology into their washing machine models.
EcoBubble and 02 Wash technology
Companies like Samsung and IFB have adopted fine cleaning of clothes that are Eco-bubble and O2 technology. Samsung washing machines use Eco-bubble technology to unlock the power of bubbles to provide cleaner clothes. Understanding the lifestyle of an Indian household, Samsung adopted eco-bubble technology, which converts the detergent particles into bubbles that get inflated around the clothes and penetrates inside the fabric to remove extra tough stains.
6 Motion DD technology
LG’ 6 motion DD technology is the current popular model in the market. This technology enables the machine to optimize motion combinations for cleaning different types of fabrics. The LG premium washing machine models can imitate 6 different motions. Namely, Tumble, stepping, scrubbing, swing, rolling, and filtration.
Similarly, even Whirlpool used SoftMove technology for its front-loader machines. This technology enables the machine to sense the load in the drum and use adaptive programs. The program picked by the machine is based on the needs of each type of fabric present in the drum.
Improved Drum technology
Manufacturers of the washing machine are always looking for better drum technology. The design of the drum in a machine plays an important role in protecting the tender laundry. Samsung has adopted its latest top-loader diamond drum technology. In these types of machines, the holes are nearly 25 percent smaller. The holes are also placed deep within the diamond shape to prevent the clothes under the drum from sticking out or damage.
Bosch washing machines also use Variodrum technology to provide cleaner clothes without damaging them.
Washing machines with VRT+ and Anti-Vibration technology
The common complaint among washing machine users is that they vibrate a lot or make noise while spinning. Addressing these complaints, manufacturers of washing machines have adopted VRT + and Anti-vibration technology.
Samsung has executed and introduced VRT+ technology. VRT stands for vibration reduction technology plus. This technology adopted in the washing machines by Samsung is very useful as it aims to keep the noise level at the lowest and washer balance stable.
Likewise, Bosch has also designed a washing machine with Anti-vibration technology. This technology mainly works towards mitigating the noise occurring during the spin cycle. Its technology uses sensors to counteract the vibration and also to maintain the load balance by continuously adjusting the drum motion.
These are the five latest and key technologies used by washing machine manufacturers. In addition to this, we can see technologies in machines like built-in heaters, super soak for thoroughly cleaning of clothes, and Aqua Energie technology for converting hard to soft water.
10 Best Washing Machine Models in India 2020
In this part of the article, we will discuss some of the best washing machine models in India. We aim in this part to provide in-depth information on these washing machines, including their features, pros, and cons. So let’s get started.
|Best Washing Machine in India 2020||Capacity||Type||Prce|
|LG 7 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine||7 KG||Front Loading||N/A|
|IFB 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine||6 KG||Front Loading||N/A|
|Samsung 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine||6 KG||Front Loading||N/A|
|Bosch 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine||6 KG||Front Loading||N/A|
|LG 6 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine||6 KG||Front Loading||N/A|
|LG 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine||6.5 KG||Top Loading||N/A|
|Whirlpool 7 Kg 5 Star Royal Plus Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine||7 KG||Top Loading||N/A|
|Whirlpool 6.5 kg 5 Star Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine||6.5 KG||Top Loading||N/A|
|Haier 5.8 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine||5.8 KG||Top Loading||N/A|
1. LG 7 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
LG is a popular brand in washing machines. The customers consider LG products for its innovation in design and premium quality. LG 7kg inventor fully-automatic washing machine is one the best models available in the market.
Features, pros, and cons of the LG 7 kg inverter washing machine is mentioned below.
- The washing machine contains smart diagnostics
- Machine’s inverter direct-drive motor helps keep minor problems relating to specialization at control.
- Heater of the washing machine helps in getting rid of stubborn stains and allergens.
- 6 motion direct drive of the washing machine technology moves the drum in various directions to give the fabrics required care while cleaning
- The features of the machine include – auto start, non-allergic clothes cleaning for babies, and the ability to connect with the smart-app to keep an eye on time and energy consumed by the machine.
- LG inverter washing machine is made of stainless steel that is rust-proof and durable
- And finally the washing machine comes with 2 years of warranty on the product and 10 years of warranty on the motor.
- Less running cost with 1000 rpm
- Made of stainless steel
- Produces less noise and works hard
- Suitable for a family of 3 -4 people
- Takes more space to store
- Doesn’t include rat repellent
- Has no spin option only
2. IFB 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
IFB washing machine is the oldest available manufacturer in India. The washing machine is commonly found in Indian households. The IFB model of the washing machine is best in quality, features, and efficiency.
Read through the features, pros, and cons of the IFB 6kg fully-automatic front loading washing machine before buying it.
- The machine comes with a crescent moon shaped drum. The grooves on the surface of the drum create a cushion with water to prevent damage to clothes
- The model follows the 2D wash system that uses a shower system for washing and rinsing of clothes. This system ensures complete washing of clothes
- The ball valve technology of the washing machine lets water out while keeping the detergent in. This technology prevents wastage.
- The auto balance of the washing machine detects an unbalanced load and re-stabilizes the machine to maintain consistency.
- Other features of the machine are Aqua Energie and laundry adds technology.
- Suitable for bachelor and couples
- Water and energy efficient
- Not suitable for large families
- Expensive in terms of cost
3. Samsung 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
Samsung is a popular brand in India for various home appliances. The quality and technology that we see in Samsung models attract customers towards it. Samsung 6 kg fully – automatic washing machine with front-loading options is an excellent model. It is considered as best in class and durability.
The features, pros, and cons of the Samsung 6 kg washing machine are listed here for your reference.
- Diamond-shaped drum pattern with tiny water holes prevents damages to the fabrics
- The model is a perfect option for a busy life schedule. You can select the washing cycle between 15 to 30 minutes.
- Design and technology of the washing machine prevent hard – water scale build-up. This feature of the model increases its durability and efficiency.
- Other features of the washing machine model are elegant design, ergonomic dial, touch button, and wide and user – friendly display.
- Finally, the Volt control technology of the washing machine protects it from power fluctuations.
- The spin speed of the machine – 100 rpm
- Made of stainless steel
- Includes diamond drum and Volt control technology
- Has child lock for safety
- Not suitable for large families
- Cannot be moved around as it is heavy in terms of weight
4. Bosch 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
Bosch is yet another brand in India that offers the best quality washing machine. While Bosch 6 kg fully – the automatic front loading washing machine is expensive, it has some amazing features. The washing machine has more strengths than drawbacks. The design and make of the washing machine are elegant and quite attractive. The cost of the washing machine is worth its features and fully – automated operation. Significant features, pros, and cons of the washing machine model are listed down.
- Washing machine comes with ActiveWater that has many sensors, which automatically adjusts the water level by sensing the weight of the load. This feature of the model plays a vital role in saving water.
- Allergy plus feature of the washing machine washes the cloth in prefect hygienic and allergy free manner
- Quick wash option is available as you can wash, rinse and spin in 10 – 15 minutes
- Volt check of the washing machine prevents damage to the machine because of power fluctuations.
- The drum clean feature of the machine removes the lint and toxic residues. This maintains the washing machine that increases durability.
- Other features of the washing machine are low noise, low water pressure, and pre-wash, free water filter, and reload functions.
- Water conservative machine
- Noiseless operation
- Excellent built and fully – automated.
- The machine lacks a digital display.
- Low operation speed and a drum capacity
5. LG 6 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
LG washing machine, as mentioned previously, is a popular brand in India. The fully automatic washing machine is best in quality and efficiency. The technology and design of the model are two important factors that attract customers towards it. Before buying LG 6 kg inverter, a fully-automated front loading washing machine read its features, pros, and cons.
- 6 motion control technology of the washing machine removes tough stains from the fabric without damaging it.
- LG front load washing machine has its motor attached directly to the drum, which is the key to the reduction of noise, vibration, and other wear and tear.
- Design of the washing machine has a waterproof touch panel
- Features of the washing machine include child safety lock, starting from it stopped, hygienic washing, and efficiency.
- Washing machine is made of stainless steel. It doesn’t contain any plastic. The machine is durable and rust-free.
- Noiseless washing machine
- Efficiency in terms of water and energy
- Drive direct technology for higher performance
- Costly to repair or replace the parts
- Not suitable for large families
6. LG 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
LG 6.5 inverter fully-automatic top loading washing machine is an ideal option for small families. The product has all the required features that any customer would look for when buying a washing machine. Pros and cons of buying this LG model washing machine, along with its features, are as follows:
- Stainless steel drum of the washing machine enhances the product durability. The drum is rust-proof and also provides better performance than other products.
- It includes Punch + 3 technologies, which creates streams in vertical directions. The streams so created mixes with the laundry and ensures even washing of clothes.
- Turbo drum of the washing machine allows for most powerful wash and removes the toughest stains
- Features of the washing machine include a hygienic washing button. This allows the tub to clean thoroughly and sterilizes both inner and outer tubs.
- It includes 8 wash programs for multiple fabrics.
- Smart inverter technology
- Child lock and powerful washing mechanism
- Auto-restart option
- Long motor life
- No display of buttons
- Not suitable for large families
7. LG 6.5 Kg 5 Star Smart Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
LG 5 star washing machine is a product that is comparatively less than other models mentioned in the article. The price of the washing machine doesn’t affect the quality of the features of the machine. LG 6.5 Kg Fully – automated smart inverter top-loading washing machine features are worth the price. Consider the features, cons, and pros of the washing machine for buying this budget-friendly machine.
- Like most LG washing machine models this product includes smart inverter motor for optimum use of water and energy
- Motor of the washing machine comes with BMC motor protection leaving no room for dust, insects, and humidity
- Strong stream of water removes the toughest stains from the fabric is a better and quicker way
- Washing machine comes with a 5-star energy rating by the company
- Features of the washing machine model include 3 smart motion and smart diagnosis.
- Air dry technology of the washing machine plays an important role in keeping the tub from getting moldy and reduce drying time
- Long-life motor for durability
- 2 years warranty on the product and 10 years warranty on the motor
- 780 rpm – lower than other models
- Has child lock for safety
- Multiple programs setting for complete cleaning of fabrics.
- Not suitable for larger families
- No volt control included
8. Whirlpool 7 Kg 5 Star Royal Plus Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
Whirlpool washing machine is one of the leading models in India. Whirlpool front load washing machines are designed in Europe. The company ensures its models are built to be best in quality and also has a service network across 3500+ towns in India. Whirlpool uses the latest technology in building and designing its washing machines. Whirlpool 7 kg royal plus fully-automatic washing machine has the best features, pros, and cons, which are discussed below.
- Comes with a 5-star rating, which is best in terms of water and energy efficiency
- Sprio wash action of the washing machine washes clothes in a unique circular manner for a thorough wash.
- Sensors of the washing machine adapt its operation to hard water.
- It includes 12 different programs for washing different fabrics and loads
- ZPF ensures the tub of the washer fills 50 percent faster even when water pressure is low.
- Other features of the washing machine are an express wash, auto tub clean, magic lint filter, aqua store, and back panel.
- A quick wash with best features
- Power scrub technology
- Hard water wash option
- Too big for bachelors and couples
- Warranty doesn’t cover the entire machine.
9. Whirlpool 6.5 kg 5 Star Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
Whirlpool 6.5 kg fully-automatic top loading washing machine provides for cleaner and fresher clothes. Buying this product is very advantageous as it is full –automated and durable. The price of the washing machine is also less in comparison to other products.
Features, pros, and cons of the washing machine are as follows:
- Sprio wash technology for better cleaning of clothes using a unique circular motion
- Washing machine includes 12 different programs for cleaning fabrics of all kinds
- Best for fast life as it allows for the express wash option, which reduces the cycle by 30 to 40 percent.
- Advanced magic lint filter automatically collects and cleans the lint from the machine during the spin cycle.
- The Aqua store feature of the machine stores water in the tub for the next cycle.
- Less expensive
- Efficient in terms of water and energy
- Child lock and auto tub clean
- Doesn’t include inverter technology
- No in-built heater
10. Haier 5.8 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
Haier fully-automated washing machine is yet another model that is value for money. This product is one of the best selling washing machines in the Indian market. Customers prefer the washing machine all over the country for its features and price.
For buying this product, read the features, pros, and cons listed hereafter.
- Design of the washing machine is compact and suitable for Indian household
- Quadra flow pulsator that allows washing of clothes without getting tangled and ensures that the detergent reaches every part of the clothing
- Hi-tech sensor of the washing machine automatically sense the load and fixes a washing time
- Stainless steel drum for durability
- Other features of the washing machine include memory backup, auto power-off, quick wash, and spacious unit.
- Affordable price
- Compact size and design
- Continues washing during a power outage
- Requires stressful installation
- Lack of innovative features
What are the factors to consider when buying a washing machine? Buying Guide for washing machine
Buying a washing machine is a serious job. There are various important things you need to consider when buying a washing machine.
List of factors to consider when buying a washing machine are as follows:
- Price of the washing machine
The most important factor that you need to consider when buying a washing machine is its cost. Consider the price of the washing machine model you want to purchase and compare it with your budget. Nobody would like to invest in a washing machine repeatedly as they are expensive.
- Durability or quality of the washing machine
As mentioned earlier, we cannot invest in washing machines again and again. This is mainly because they are costlier than other home appliances. So do appropriate research and check the quality of the model before buying it. For a washing machine to function without a problem for the long –term, you need a durable product. The durability of a washing machine can be understood by the material, design, and motor of the washing machine adopted by the manufacturer.
- Use of washing machine
Buy a washing machine that has user-friendly features. A washing machine is one such appliance at home, which is used by all members of a family. So it is necessary that all members easily understand the features and other attributes of the machine. A machine with complicated features of control –buttons is not practical for every-day use.
- Company of the washing machine
In India, we can find various washing machine brands that are similar to one another in terms of quality. But some well-known brands like Samsung, LG, IFB, Bosch, and Whirlpool offer some of the best quality machines that are uniquely designed.
- Size of the washing machine
Living in metropolitan cities has cut-down our home space. Because of this size of the washing machine has become a significant factor to consider when buying it. Depending on the size of your family and the amount of laundry produced, pick a washing machine size. Also, make sure the dimensions of the washing machine fits perfectly in our space.
With the increase in the scarcity of water and energy, it is important to prevent its wastage. The efficiency of the washing machine in using water and energy should be considered. Today the market offers a good variety of washing machines that are efficient in terms of water and energy consumption.
The final factor you need to consider when buying a washing machine model is its capacity. Washing machines vary in terms of capacity. The ideal capacity of a washing machine is 5 to 8 Kgs.
FAQ – on the washing machine
Before we conclude, the article on the ten best washing machines in India 2020, let’s consider some questions. Here we have taken some common questions that customers have in relation to washing machines and answered them to our best knowledge.
Q: Which one is a better front load or top load?
A: Finding a perfect answer to this question is difficult. The term better has various interpretations. Understanding here better stands for quality and efficiency. We would like to say that this depends on the model and brand. But generally, research has shown that top-loading washing machine variants provide better performance and are more efficient.
Q: How many clothes can I load in a machine at one time?
A: This is a common doubt that new washing machine users have. The best way to determine the number of clothes you can add to a machine is by considering the size and capacity of the drum. Add clothes that suit the drum capacity by allowing extra space for clothes and water to move around freely. Do remember not to overload the machine by forcing the clothes into it.
Q: Can a washing machine wash clothes using hard water?
A: This depends on the type of model you purchase. Check to see if the washing machine has an in-built converter to change hard water into soft. In case the washing machine doesn’t include this feature, then you need to install a softener. So, yes, the washing machine can wash your clothes using hard water.
Q: Difference between direct and belt motor of a washing machine?
A: The direct motor of a washing machine is very efficient as they are faster and produce less noise. But the drawback of the direct motor is that they are expensive and break down quickly. On the other hand, we have a belt motor washing machine which is cheaper and lasts long. But these motors are not as efficient as direct motor machines.
Q: How much water is consumed by a fully automatic and semi-automatic washing machine per wash?
A: Frankly speaking, there is hardly any difference in the water consumption of fully and semi-automatic washing machines. But the position of the loading determines the water consumption of a machine. The front – load washing machine consumes less water.
Today washing machines have become common household appliances. We hardly see Indian homes without washing machines. Yet people are confused as to which type of washing machine to buy? Or what factors to consider in a washing machine? So to help reduce the confusion of the customer, we have written this article.
In this article, we have compiled and shared enough information on washing machines. The article includes a buying guide to help you choose your own model. The information provided in the article also includes a list of ten best washing machine models available in India.
We have also considered common doubts arising among washing machine users and answered to our best. We seriously hope that this article helps you in buying a washing machine that suits your family requirements. The features, pros, and cons of each model mentioned in the article play an important role in narrowing your search. We have also included the link to online stores for the list of the washing machine to make purchasing one easy.
We wish you all the best for buying a washing machine.
How to Buy Best Washing Machine
You can check the below list of washing machine under your budget: